- Place the onions, carrot, celery and garlic in a large oven tray. Drizzle with olive oil and roast for 25 minutes at 200 degrees.
- Remove from oven and stir through the tomato paste. Place back in the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the remaining ingredients, placing the brisket on top of the vegetables. Pour over the red wine and Stock Shop Co beef stock. Cover with tin foil, place into the oven at 150 degrees and cook for 4 hours.
- Remove from oven and let it sit for 30 minutes in the braising liquid. Gently remove the brisket from the liquid, placing it onto a cooling rack and set aside.
- Skim the fat off the liquid and drain through a sieve. Return the liquid to a saucepan and reduce by half. Add the Stock Shop Co demi glace to the saucepan and bring to the simmer for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir through the butter.
- Place the brisket into the oven (on the cooling rack) and gently brush with some of the sauce. Leave the brisket in the oven for 5 minutes before repeating this process another two times.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into 2cm thick pieces.
Serve with duck fat roasted potatotes, fresh slaw and a healthy amount of the braising sauce. Yum!